Your choice of video room camera is already critical to a great meeting experience. Now, with the advent of artificial intelligence or AI in the room camera, that choice can realise productivity gains, inform on your future room design and maximise floor-space efficiency.
Altia Systems, the developer of PanaCast 2, the world’s first 180° panoramic 4K camera system, has recently announced “Intelligent Vision 2” which radically elevates the video meeting camera from a dumb light-gatherer to an intelligent sensor capable of delivering valuable data about how your rooms are being used.
AI in the Meeting Room – Introducing Intelligent Vision 2.0
The Intelligent Vision 2.0 suite is based on cutting-edge AI employing convolutional neural networks (CNN) and machine learning techniques that can analyse the live video and provide on-the-fly information about what the camera is seeing.
Features of Intelligent Vision 2.0
- Intelligent Zoom 2.0: Intelligent Zoom 2.0 for the Panacast camera runs in the host PC and delivers significant enhancements over the in-camera capability with a new AI head detector and temporal filtering added. The system automatically zooms in and out on the video frame to include all meeting room participants, so it’s easier to enjoy a more immersive and consistent video conferencing experience.
- Advanced Detection: Based on the new AI head detector CNN developed alongside Intel, the PanaCast camera’s advanced detection features can find people in a meeting room from all directions, covering a range of up to 40 feet. The system works perfectly in crowded situations, and the interface engine is optimised to work seamlessly with the Intel Core Processor and Panoramic Video used in the PanaCast camera system.
Why do we need People-Counting?
- Room booking systems can monitor the live usage of rooms, detecting no-shows and enabling an empty room to be released back into the available room pool improving availability for users and enhancing room utilisation.
- Rooms that are not in use may be powered down to save energy and CO2 emissions
- Room system monitoring and management systems can capture utilisation data over time providing insight into room usage patterns and user behaviours. This data can then be used to inform decisions regarding future refits and new builds and to optimise room design and utilisation.
180° Vision means 180° Sensing
PanaCast detects everyone in the room. There’s no point in sending a head count of people that happen to be in the field-of-view of a camera that can only see part of the room.
As the business environment continues to evolve and innovate, we believe that a strong AV system with AI integration could be the key to making everyday conferences more engaging driving utilisation and productivity improvements. For those interested in upgrading their meeting room today, the PanaCast API is free to use and available. Intelligent Zoom 2.0 features and people detection software will be available as free upgrades for your Intelligent Zoom 1.0 package.
Please contact the Intermedia team if you would like to explore options for building commercial systems on the PanaCast API.
Take the first step, fill in the form on our contact page and we’ll be in touch.